Exploring and Living in the Google Ecosystem (hands-on)
This full day, hands-on, immersive workshop will take you through the basics of getting started in the Google universe. We will introduce and expose you to Google Drive (organization), Docs, (documents, collaborating), Sheets (spreadsheets), Slides (presentations), and Forms (surveys). You will leave this session with a general understanding of how all the Google Tools work together as an interactive suite and a plethora of resources to rewind the learning. This workshop is designed for people that are brand new to Google Apps or that need a refresher (we will not cover advanced functionality). Note: this workshop will not cover Google Calendar and Google Mail. Please see our session on those topics. Hands-on, laptops required. Participants are strongly advised to install or update the latest Google Chrome browser prior to arrival.
We will cover:
- Google Drive – Attendees will learn about organization, navigation, sharing permissions, uploading of files, folder structure, power searching, file conversion and settings for success.
- Google Docs – Attendees will create docs and learn some tips and tricks for workings with docs. They will experience collaborating, chatting, commenting and suggesting in docs. They will also work in detail with understanding the sharing permissions.
- Google Sheets – Attendees will learn how to convert an Excel document to a Google Sheet. They will learn about the Explore Tab.
- Google Slides – Attendees will create their own slide presentation and learn how to add images, videos and and text to their deck. They will also learn about presentation mode and how to share and collaborate.
- Google Forms – Attendees will experience creating their own surveys. They will be exposed to different ways to use the different question types. They will explore the summary of their data and learn how to share their survey with others. This will include permissions and designing their own survey layout.