Mapping Your Career: How to Build a Professional Development Plan
In today’s modern business world, most organizations no longer provide clear, distinct career paths for their employees, especially administrative professionals. Career planning is largely left up to the individual. Unfortunately, many admins don’t know what opportunities and options are available, and, while the idea of creating a career roadmap sounds great, they don’t know where to start. This in-depth, interactive workshop teaches participants a simple formula for creating and executing a comprehensive, customized Professional Development Plan. This ever-evolving document will help you take a more active role in your own career growth and unlock your professional potential.
As a participant, you will learn how to:
- Identify personal and professional values and use them to empower your career decisions
- Conduct a personal SWOT analysis to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses
- Define SMART career goals that support your life vision and also align with organizational objectives
- Establish tangible action steps for achieving your goal and create a clear path for successful execution
- Leverage your current position and gain the experience you need to achieve future goals
- Become an advocate for your career interests!